Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year, Full of Hope and Promise!


HAPPY NEW YEAR!

As we start 2009, my thoughts turn to putting away what did not work for 2008, and building on a better 2009. For my friends and family, I wish you health and joy. May we work together for a peaceful world, where hunger is eradicated, financial troubles improve, and the change we worked so hard for comes to fruition.

William Ellery Channing summed up my resolutions for me:


I will seek elegance rather than luxury, refinement rather than fashion. I will seek to be worthy more than respectable, wealthy and not rich. I will study hard, think quietly, talk gently, and act frankly. I will listen to stars and birds, babes and sages, with an open heart. I will bear all things cheerfully, do all things bravely await occasions and hurry never. In a word I will let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common.

To you and yours, a wonderful New Year.

And because today is my birthday, please have some cake!

photo courtesy of http://freedigitalphotos.net

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful quote!

Wishing you receive all you need this coming year...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday funky!!!!!!!!! xo

June said...

Happy birthday!!!!

Brit said...

happy birthday funky!