Thursday, December 25, 2008

Every Perfect Gift. . . . . .

It is Christmas evening. The house is quiet, the presents are unwrapped, and we have spent the day with friends.

We are fortunate. Employed, healthy, great family, wonderful friends.

People were generous to me. I have some funny gifts, some practical gifts, and some gorgeous gifts.

However, I received the greatest gift of all last week. Patti's lymphoma is going into remission. The chemo is working. This 40 year-old mom of 7 month-old Patrick, with the infectious laugh and wicked sense of humor, will see more Christmases with her precious son.

So while I love everything I unwrapped today, it could all go away and I would have everything I asked for this year.

May you and your family enjoy a wonderful day together today. I hope whatever you wished for, it was in your stocking, or wrapped under your tree, or in some little miracle out there in the world.

Peace and Joy to you.

Love, Funky






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, Patti!!!!! x

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for Patti!

We have all been pulling for her - May she and her precious little son have a wonderful New Year!