Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Did you Draw that? Wow!!!


The artist behind Funky Quail

I get a lot of compliments on the shirt artwork and need to make this perfectly clear - I can not draw! The artist is Becky Dreistadt*, a magna cum laude graduate of the Savannah College of Art and Design, who is currently residing in New Zealand.

Becky took the ideas my sister and I had for knitting tees and turned them in to a reality for us. Each shirt has a very different style. Our best seller is "Ninja Knitter," a sly-looking Ninja who casts her wool upon needles made of swords.

Ninja knitters are pretty much like regular knitters, except they tend to be a little more stealthy about it.

Check out more of Becky's work at http://OwlFactory.Etsy.com


* my step-daughter, so I can brag when I write bios about her.

2 comments:

Passementerie said...

So glad to see you have a new blog! Becky is so very talented...I will always cherish my Pancake Pony painting!

A Blond And A Torch said...

I love the owls!